See also Situational Modifiers
- Suffer the effect for this and next round's actions, then ongoing saving throw at the end of each round. Even if you save you will suffer 1 or 2 rounds of the effect depending if you have already acted this round. May elect to Dodge (save) for 1d8 exertion damage regardless if successful or not.
- necrotic damage
- Death energy, willpower to resist
- Radiant damage
- Power of the gods.
- Saving throw each round to throw off an effect, e.g. hold person. Only one roll but the effective roll increases by one each round. Hero point allows another roll (which may not be worse).
- Ongoing rising
- Saving throw each round to resist an effect, e.g. breathing a gas. Only one roll but the effective roll decreases by one each round. Hero point allows another roll (which may not be worse).
- Weaker creature, after a kill any remaining damage goes to the another withing striking distance.
- Major action
- You may do any skill for an action, may be converted to a minor/move action.
- Minor action
- An action you may take in addition to your normal action. May be converted to a move action. Using a non-passive feat counts as a minor action even if it is part of you main action. Many skills can be activated as minor actions.
- Move action
- You may only move during a move action.
- Free action
- You may only have one free action per round.
- Visibility severely reduced
≤ 20' = -1
> 20' = disadvantage
> 50' = no visibility
- Heavily obscured
- Visibility severely reduced
≤ 10' = disadvantage
> 10' = no visibility
- Difficult Ground
- Ground movement speed is halved. Lose half dodge ability (including defence). Running (which is now equivalent to normal speed ) needs a dexterity check, DEX (14 +1 per additional move) . Using a minor action to move is not running, that's just walking for longer, only the use of Stamina counts as running. Fail = prone & d6 damage.
- Weakest first
- Effects that affect weak creatures attack the lowest stamina first, however creatures of higher level are always considered stronger. e.g. sergeants, captains, then NPCs by level.
- Bound creatures are forced to obey commands but only to the letter of the command.
- Lose 1d8 from skill roll
- No feats
Initiative = 10
Skill (incl spell variable) disadvantage
+2 wild surge
- Alert = -1 (affects defence)
- Flee (Fear)
- 5 movements then 4 movements (4 SP them 1 SP)
- Disadvantage whilst target can be seen.
All advantages cancelled
May not approach/engage in melee
- No feats
+1 wild surge
- Advantage to initiative, to hit & dodge saves
- Lose all actions except mental commands.
- Melee attack: Advantage to hit and damage
1d8 Dodge saves
Move & minor action to rise;
1 action maximum when you have stoood up
- No actions requiring movement (melee)
Cast attempt > 10 + spell level (+1 wild surge)
½ move, alternate Minor / Major action
-1 defence (includes -1 dodge above)
Advantage to hit
Minor action only
- Only 1 concentration spell /prayer can be in effect. If damaged need to make a save (ENDURANCE 5 + damage) to not lose concentration. Concentration is a minor action.
- May be cast as a minor action except in addition to another spell.
- May be performed at any time. Note that unless noted it is too late to perform a reaction (cast) when you have already been affected, it must be announced when you realise you are the target but before you know whether you have been hit or how much the damage will be. As Reactions are a response to another activity all actions for that round will complete and the reaction happens at the end of the round. You cannot do anything during the following second so any action then will be delayed. A reaction spell may be cast in addition to a normal spell.
- It will consume a free action.
- Has an extended casting time ranging from several minutes to several hours. Normally involves elaoborate preperation and use of apparatus (bones, magic circle, insence...). Cannot be cast in battle conditions.
- Spells/prayers may only generate a single aura may on a given creature. Auras move with the target whereas circles are in a fixed location.
- Only one shield may be applied at a time, this include shield spells & prayers.
- Effect when a creature enters battle
- Lost half health. Usually a trigger for an ability.
- Death Rattle
- Occurs when a creature dies
- Creature ability accessible when damaged
- Can't be attacked until it engages
- Disadvantage if you attack another target
- Suffer half damage from attack type (cannot be stacked)
- Suffer double damage from an attack type (cannot be stacked).